Wednesday 11 October 2017

No Limits Art Journal Page


Hi everyone,

It's Mike here with an oriental colour themed art journal page in my Junk & Disorderly art journal. I know it's October and normally would go for a fall or Halloween themed project, however, I love the subtle colours used in oriental and Japanese imagery and wanted to create a sedate and calming art journal page using the A6 Peony stamp set instead of a seasonal page.

This art journal page design could easily be adapted for an A5, 6x6 or 8x8 greetings card too!

I also used Townhouse Teal acrylic paint, Fair Portrait acrylic paint & Apricot Blush Portrait acrylic paint & Goldfinger Metallic acrylic paint, plus the collectors stamps Bubbles (No1) and Crosshatch (No3). The sentiment is taken from the Mindfulness #1 stamp set.

To watch how I created the page from start to finish click the YouTube image below to visit the IndigoBlu YouTube channel and see how the page was created step by step in real time.


I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating the page. Don't forget to give it a thumbs up, share with your friends and subscribe to the IndigoBlu YouTube channel for more videos from the Design Team.




4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful art journal page Mike and I love that peony which does have that oriental feel, and the colours are so soft and pretty but pop with the added black background stamping strip behind the flowers. Thank you for the very concise video of the creative process too. x



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat, glad you enjoyed the video. M XO

      Delete
  2. Fabulous Mike! I love the colours and gorgeous peonies. My favourite colours too!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful page! Gorgeous colours - I must watch the video later too! xxx

    ReplyDelete