Monday 11 April 2016

A House of Small Treasures

Hi everyone and welcome! Jenny here and today I'm sharing my latest project with you. IndigoBlu have a fantastic large wooden house frame in stock that perfect for altering and filling with all your small treasures and curios.


I started by giving the raw wood a coat of gesso and added some modelling paste through the Texture stencil onto the roof. The 'back walls' were covered in a mix of 6x6 European Grand Tour Mixed Media Papers and some paper painted with Raven Black Metallic Paint and stamped in the gesso with one of the Teeny Backgrounds. I also added one of the Word Blocks #1 to another piece of the Raven Black painted paper.



To add some age to the house I then dripped dilute Pheasant Bronze and Kingfisher Blue Metallic Paints over it, allowing the paint to run onto all the surfaces. Then it was time to add the 'treasures'. I stuck to bits and bobs that fitted with the main colour scheme so it wouldn't look too messy.


Die cut and stencilled flowers and leaves were coloured with the same metallic paints as before and scattered throughout the house.



In the eaves of the house I added a paper clay moulded piece that had a mix of the Pheasant Bronze and Gold Metallic Paint run through it to highlight the details.



Further moulded pieces, chipboard shapes and die cuts were added, again altered using the four metallic paints. There are some fantastic Mod Podge moulds in stock at IndigoBlu which can be used with moulding clays and the new Diamond Resin too.



I had great fun altering this little house frame and finding the bits and bobs that could go inside it, and hope it's given you some ideas for altering one of your own.

Take care of yourselves,
Jenny xxx

Products used;

11 comments:

  1. Ohh this is wonderful! So much to see and wonder over! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, loving the colour and all that texture x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fabulous Jenny :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so fabulous - I love all the little details - I bet this was fun to make xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is so much to look at in this beautiful little house - I love the frame with the crown and the lovely beaded texture, the feather is gorgeous and so are the lovely flowers. The shells are a lovely touch too! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic! The metallic paints are gorgeous. That ruffled flower in the upper right is beautiful, in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Jenny, WOWWWWWW!!! I am just in awe of how many fabulous details you included. I keep scrolling up for another looksie! Wow!!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous project Jenny. Love all the fantastic little embellishments and details. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  9. STUNNING! WOW! WOW! WOW! I was drinking it all in and then spotted the stenciled roof! SO clever! I love the patina leaves and flowers, it's all just gorgeous! One more WOW! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic - I have to look at this again and again!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete