Sunday 25 December 2016

Christmas Star

Hello Everyone and Welcome!

Today Ksenija is here, and I am happy to share with you a new project dedicated to Holidays Season.
I am featuring several IndigoBlu supplies and demonstrating how to mix Christmas themed stamps with year-round stamps. I love Amaryllis flowers during the Christmas season, I think Colour Me - Lily stamp looks very similar to Amaryllis.
I started with stamping Colour Me - Lily in black Archival ink down to a piece of white card stock and for the second tome - down to masking paper. To create a mask I fussy cut out stamen impression. Prior to masking the stamens I heat embossed black anthers with clear embossing powder three times to make them glossy and a little bit dome-shaped.
I masked out the stamens and generously covered Lily impression with Distress Ink in Candied Apple. To create a more dramatic look I blended in Distress Inks in Aged Mahogany and Blueprint Sketch to the edges. Keeping my mask in place I dropped clear water over the image and towel dried it. Having removed my mask I coloured the stamens with Distress Markers.
I covered a string of stars from Peace on Earth stamp set with FlitterGlu, stamped it down to Lily and adhered MegaFlakes in Chariot of Fire.
The final step is to create a card panel. I splattered water diluted IndigoBlu acrylic paints in GoldFinger and Hunter Green and let it air dry.
After this I inked the string of stars from Peace on Earth stamp set with dye ink in black and stamped it down to the panel. From the same set I used a text stamp and made several impressions in Aged Mahogany and Blueprint Sketch Distress Inks.
To assemble the card I glued the panel to a card base and used a foam tape to raise the square with Lily.
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope, you enjoy this card and will try to mix Christmas stamps with year-round images.

I am wishing you peace, love and joy at Christmas and always!

IndigoBlu Supplies Used:
Colour Me Lily
Peace on Earth
FlitterGlu
Chariot of Fire
English Cottage Artist's Acrylic Paint - Hunter Green
Artist's Acrylic Paint - GoldFinger

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas so far.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever artwork using the flower Ksenija and I love the script and the spattering and the way you have done the stars down the side. A beautiful card. Wishing you a Happy Christmas and a wonderfully creative New Year. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Happy Christmas! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never used flitterglu - is it easy ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, yes it's very easy it is just like using an ink pad. If you check out the Indigoblu YouTube Kay has recently done a new tutorial showing how to use it. Hope that helps, Elizabeth x

      Delete
    2. thank you - I checked it now need to buy the bits an bobs - so beautiful

      Delete