Friday 6 January 2017

The Butterfly Collector


Hi it's Elizabeth here with one of my favourite stamp sets from IndigoBlu called The Butterfly Collector There are nine stamps in this set which all co-ordinate beautifully together and I use them on a regular basis along with another favourite stamp the Script Background


I began by giving a cheap wooden shadow box a coat of White GeeSsoGood and setting on one side to dry.


I cut a piece of watercolour card to the size of the inside of the shadow box and stamped the Script using Versamark Ink, then I added detail white embossing powder from Stampendous, and heat embossed it.


The embossing acts as a resist, so when you watercolour over the top with Luscious the white script pops through the shimmering colours.


I used a blend of Lawn and Buttercup to create a Lime and I also used the Blue.


While the watercolour card was drying, I stamped out the Butterflies, Dragonfly and sentiment onto a piece of Perfect White Stamping Card using Black Versafine Ink. The card has a special coating on it, designed to grip the ink and therefore you get a much crisper image when you stamp. You might also notice I stamped out twice as many as I needed, while the stamp is out with ink on, I decided to stamp out extras ready for Birthday cards that will be needed shortly.


Once I'd cut out all the elements I needed, I then added a little of the Purple Luscious powder from my pallet. I love this colour, it's beautiful when the light hits it.


I added my now dry background inside the shadow box using a good strong adhesive, and added lines around the outer side of the frame using a Black Posca Pen so it would co-ordinate with the frame around the sentiment.


Then it was just a case of putting it all together using foam pads to raise up the Butterflies and Dragonfly.


Thank you for joining us this morning and a very Happy New Year from me.
Elizabeth x

9 comments:

  1. This is beautifully. Gorgeous background! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Beautiful Elizabeth, I love the purple shimmering butterflies so delicate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The combination of the script and butterflies and dragonfly work beautifully Elizabeth and I love the colours you have used. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Elizabeth, looks like a specimen box. Love the colours. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! The Luscious powder looks great used so subtly. I love this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous frame and loving the shimmer on the background and butterflies. I have been having an IndigoBlu day today too ;)
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning piece. Love the green as a background to make the insects pop. Cec xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful - I love how you've done the background and the colours are magical. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete