Tuesday 24 January 2017

Winged Heart Mixed Media Valentine


Autumn with you today sharing an altered art Valentine created with our lovely Flutterby stamp.  This month we are working with our favorite stamp and this is by far my favorite!  I wanted to do something different and decided to stamp it out in a color, because I so often stamp in black.



I used Fired Brick Distress Ink and stamped onto some brownish inky paper.  I drew a heart onto chipboard and cut it out.  I embossed it with an ultra thick embossing powder mix for texture.


My sweet friend Barbara was cleaning out her stash and gave me a stack of restaurant coasters, which I thought would be the perfect base for a collage - I was in the mood to get messy!  I covered one with french book pages randomly, then while the adhesive was wet I sprinkled on tiny Art Stones and wiped away any that didn't adhere fully before giving a few sprays of ink.  I used some vintage lace and crochet that Barbara had given me for texture and contrast and glued on a strip of corrugated board, as a base for my sentiment.


I gave it all a good splash of watery black GeeSso Good! gesso and then added some Chocolate Box Megaflake with FlitterGlu along the edges.


I glued on my text strips and added some tiny staples.


And here's a closeup of the embossed heart - what fun!  I hope you are inspired to ink your stamps in a new way today and get your hands messy.  Thanks for your visit - Autumn :)

7 comments:

  1. You have created a wonderful work of art on this coaster Autumn and the colours are beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning, Autumn!! The heart butterfly looks amazing!! The texture is fabulous!! Gorgeous layers and details!! Love this!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Autumn this is stunning!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the texture, it's gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Autumn, it's so yummy! I love how you can use anything and everything and make art out of it! Very, very awesome - love the heart and butterfly, of course :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the beautifully embossed hearts makes a great body for the butterfly, which I absolutely love stamped in red! Gorgeous background too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, that's how I like my art--messy! Beautiful inspiration, and that butterfly is my favorite, too! You have packed a ton of mixed media deliciousness on this tiny coaster! Well done! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete